Playing DPets on Binance Smart Chain
Started playing Dpets today, My DeFi Pet is a virtual pet game that combines DeFi, collectibles, and the ability to evolve pets and eventually battle them.
I tried to give this game a go when it first launched but I kept getting an error when attempting to buy pet eggs. Turns you don't use BNB to buy the eggs you use the native token DPET.
Oops, live and learn. Good news is DPET token has come down in price so pets cost less, but at the same time BNB is down too.
DPET token price is down considerably since launch so possibly a good time to pick some up if you into blockchain gaming.
The token can found here on Pancakeswap, you need to add the token manually with the contract address: 0xfb62ae373aca027177d1c18ee0862817f9080d08.
You can always confirm the contract address through the main My DeFi Pet website, never a bad idea when your looking at grabbing a new token for the first time.
Evolving Pets & Earning Rewards
My DeFi Pet while still super early I can see this is a play to earn style game, as each pet cage housing a pet earns silver coins passively over time with the ability to harvest at any time.
I cracked an egg and used the incubator to evolve him, his name is Fang!
Looks like he's level 2 so far and I can grow him by feeding him. You can buy farm plots with your silver coins and grow crops to produce food, which in turn you use to grow your pets.
In the shop it looks like I can purchase more eggs for more pets at 3 DPET tokens each, yeah eggs cost 3 DPET each so you know. That's currently about $1.50 USD.
Everything else purchasable using silver coins which I can earn passively in game through my pets and their cages. Sometime blockchain games get carried away with pay to earn elements so I'll be watching out for that but so far so good.
I've hear through Twitter there's a couple pays walls here and there but I've to see them, perhaps they also cost silver, but I'm there's going to be DPET sinks somewhere along the way.
Future Features to Come Soon
There's a whole whack of features on the road map which can be seen on the main website.
- Governance: Vote for new features and settings of the game to earn special rewards. Lock DPET tokens for a certain time to gain voting power.
- Staking: Become part of the game by staking DPET tokens into pools. Different pools will yield different returns such as new items, new eggs, or DPET tokens.
- Play to Earn: Simply playing can also get you DPET tokens via mission and social mining.
- Breed: You can create a new generation of monsters by breeding any two monsters.
- Evolve: A monster has many stages of evolution depending on the Rarity. Evolution ensures cool new appearance and enhanced stats.
- Season & Events: Collect and maxout Legendary monster to claim lucrative prizes.
- Battle: Unique battle mode in next seasons & Win ultra-rare rewards.
If My DeFi Pets can deliver on these features I can see this game being a success, assuming no rug pull.
At this point I don't see any indication of the smart contracts being audited, so there's that, buyer beware. However there are investors and backers listed that include the likes of OKEx Blockchain Ventures and ConsensusLab
Creating an engaging game with token economy is no easy feat so I'm not going to hold my breath. That said it's pretty sweet to see elements of DeFi such as staking and governance working it's way into blockchain gaming, this the evolution I'm looking for!
Ciao for now,
This post was shared to [Publish0x here]
Additional LeoFinance Content:
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta