A 19th century couple-digital paint


A few days ago I read a bit about the story of Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" while listening to the soundtrack of the Netflix original series "The Crown" on my headphones. The story is set in the late 16th and early 17th century, and it really inspired me.

I decided to concentrate all that inspiration into the creation of a drawing or story. In the end I decided to illustrate something, and I think it was the best choice. With my mind set on a bygone era, the 17th century to be exact, I illustrated my characters in matching costumes and with a brown colour palette.
In the illustration I present a newly married couple, aged between 29 and 30, in the garden of one of their country houses.


Hace unos días leí un poco sobre la historia de "Orgullo y Prejuicio", de Jane Austen, mientras escuchaba la banda sonora de la serie original de Netflix "The Crown" en mis audifonos. La historia se encuentra ambientada a finales del siglo XVI y principios del siglo XVII, y me inhspiró muchisimo.

Decidí entonces concentrar toda esa inspiración en la creaciòn de algun dibujo o historia. Me decanté al final por ilustrar algo, y considero fue la mejor opción. Mentalizado en una época pasada, siglo XVII para ser exactos, ilustré a mis personajes con vestimentas acordes y con una paleta de colores marrones.

En la ilustración presento a una pareja de recién casados, de unos 29 a 30 años, en el jardin de una de sus casas de campo.


Step by Step:

1. First of all, I start with the rustic sketch.

1. Primero que todo, comienzo con el boceto rústico.


2. I define the lines of the drawing.

2. Defino las lineas del dibujo.


3. And I do the lineart to start, then, with the coloring.

3. Y realizo el LineArt para empezar entonces con el coloreado.








4. Nearing the end of the drawing, I decided to add a real background. In one of my folders on the pc, I found one of the photos I took a few weeks ago when I was experimenting with photographing my housing estate. It's a photo full of trees and buildings, and I thought it was appropriate to add it for the background. I edited it a bit, and placed it in the background.

4. Ya casi finalizando el dibujo, decidí agregar un fondo real. En una de mis carpetas en la pc, encontré una de las fotos que tomé hace unas semanas cuando experimentaba fotografiando mi urbanización. Es una foto repleta de arboles y edificios, y me pareció adecuada agregarla para el fondo. La edité un poco, y la coloque en el background.



Thank you for sharing this amazing post on HIVE!
  • Your content got selected by our fellow curator @stevenson7 & you just received a little thank you via an upvote from our non-profit curation initiative!

  • You will be featured in one of our recurring curation compilations and on our pinterest boards! Both are aiming to offer you a stage to widen your audience within and outside of the DIY scene of hive.

Join the official DIYHub community on HIVE and show us more of your amazing work and feel free to connect with us and other DIYers via our discord server: https://discord.gg/mY5uCfQ !

If you want to support our goal to motivate other DIY/art/music/homesteading/... creators just delegate to us and earn 100% of your curation rewards!

Stay creative & hive on!