Market Friday buys Groupn
The name for the E-Commerce platform, Groupon is a portmanteau of "group" and "coupon". Groupon's first deal was a two-pizzas-for-the-price-of-one offer at Motel Bar, a restaurant on the first floor of its building in Chicago.
The decision to focus on group buying proved wise. In just a year and a half, Groupon grew from a staff of a few dozen to over 350. Revenue and Booking also grew swiftly and the company was valued at over $1 billion after just 16 months in business, the fastest company ever to reach this milestone. source
“We believe our plan to exit goods will allow us to dedicate the focus and resources necessary to build a winning position as the purchase of experiences continues to migrate online,” said Groupon’s CEO Rich Williams in a statement.
But, now we are back! And just like that, this show is over. Come back tomorrow and we will do it again. The market? Oh, yes! Wherever money is exchanged for a service or for merchandise. Be different if you wish! It does not have to be a traditional market! Just remember! #MarketFriday loves you!
Fridays are all about the #MarketFriday Challenge! Looking to take part in it? Here is how:
Rules of the Road to Join #MarketFriday!
- Go to the market, or anywhere that you pay money for a service. Museum, art gallery, bowling, barber shop, or hairdresser. Cultural event. You are allowed to think outside the box!
Take pictures! Be creative!
- Tell us a little bit about the market or the event. Where is it? What brought you there? What did you buy? How much did it cost? Was it expensive? Did it go up or down? I don't need 50 pictures unless you are willing to explain them all.
- Post the pictures. Of course, you should tell a little bit about the ones you post. What seems obvious to you may not be obvious to all.
- Use the MarketFriday Community Platform to post (#hive-196308) This is not required but appreciated.
PLEASE Drop the link into the MarketFriday comment section so I can find it!!
- Following me and reblogging the post would be appreciated, but not a rule, more vision for more views on the #MarketFriday posts!
- You must put #MarketFriday by @dswigle somewhere on your post. Please. Please.
- Please check out some of the other #MarketFriday posts!
#MarketFriday loves you!
#TeamUSA is a growing community of quality-content people from the United States or those living here. Check us out on Discord!