Amazing Nature Botany Curation May 2022 #2
We appreciate your posts and the following ones are randomly selected because of their botanical qualities. They are manually curated on behalf of the Amazing Nature Community.
First a brief explanation about Botany:
Botany is a broad term covering scientific study of plants. It could be from a small living organism to a tree. Included would be flora, fungi, lichens, trees and flowering plants.
We are also interested in plants for their psychological (good for the mind & soul) benefits.
Through botany, medicinal properties are discovered from nature. Food, medicines, parks, forests, pollution and much more have been improved with botanical knowledge. Botanists search for alternatives from the harmful chemicals used on crops and the deforestation that has damaged the health of our planet.
Herbalism, with ancient people identifying edible, medicinal or poisonous plants, is the original of Botany. Our ancestors and Native peoples were botanists in their own right. They knew of the healing properties to be found in plants but much of that knowledge had been lost to future generations.
I would like to bring your attention to the curated posts and ask you to show some love to the amazing authors:
- @delilhavores shows us the six varieties of Rosa Canina in the botanical gardens and tells us how the names came about.
- @ewkaw finds these beautiful pink flowers in a field full of blooming grasses and mostly yellow and white flowers.
- @bdmillergallery repotted his beautiful delicate orchids and gives us an update on their progress.
- @monycatt comes across an unusual tree with large thorns used to protect itself against herbivores.
To be eligible for curation:
Contents must be posted directly into the Amazing Nature Community feed or use hive-127788 as first tag if posting from Ecency.
Photographs and text must be your own or properly sourced with a nice description for each individual photo. Please state why those photos represent your Amazing Nature.
Do not post a string of pictures without text. Add some explanations between each one of them.
Entries for the Amazing Nature Contest and Thematic Challenge are separate. They will be highlighted in the competition evaluation.
Special features in Amazing Nature
- A regular competition FREE TOPIC organized by @bucipuci
- Amazing Nature articles curated by community moderators; @redheadpei, @oscurity, @nelinoeva, @jlufer
- News in the Field of Nature from moderator @juanbg
- Thematic Challenge by @bucipuci
DNA searches for HIGH-QUALITY posts that aim to DESCRIBE and determine the BIODIVERSITY AROUND YOU with added EXPLANATIONS and INFORMATION. For these informative posts they offer a CURATION SERVICE using the @dna.org account. It is also a CURATION TRAIL. Just add the #dna TAG if you think that any of your posts are what they are looking for.
DNA is the home of #amazingnature for all your post about the amazing nature all around us, the #aquaticsentinels for all your posts about marine topics, the #featheredfriends for all you great posts about our feathered friends, the #fungifriday for all your posts about fungi and mushrooms and the #insectsoftheworld for all posts about the world of insects.