Amazing Nature Contest: Thematic Challenge - #2/1/22
(Google translate from Czech)
We have a new year here and with the new year come new challenges. No one knows in advance whether the challenges will be simple or complex. I have one slightly more challenging challenge for you :-)
Have you ever heard of the "birdwatch"? Probably not. Or maybe yes, but under a different name. I don't know if it's a global event or just in the Czech Republic.
Ornithologists in the Czech Republic organized the fourth year of the event called Bird Hour last weekend. The purpose of the event is to "map" the occurrence of birds in the country. About 23,000 volunteers joined this year, observing bird feeders in one hour and recording how many and what species of birds came to feed.
If you do not know this event, it is a very good topic for our thematic challenge. Let's join this event and take action worldwide
Tasks for this topic:
- Try to count the number of birds you have seen in one hour of your choice
- try to identify the species of birds seen
- if you were fast and patient enough, attach documentary photos
- A description of your whole event and what this observation of nature has brought you is a matter of course
Maybe it's a difficult topic, but you've been resting for a long time :-). You need to start "working" :-).
Remember, however, that it is also a competition and therefore the basic rules must be followed.
Rules for participation in the thematic challenge:
- Publish your contribution IN AN AMAZING NATURAL COMMUNITY. You can also use TAG #amazingnature if you want
- CLEARLY state that your entry is an ENTRY in this competition.
- All images must be your own. You can use an amazing nature banner if you like or you can create your own.
- In the TEXT Indicate why these pictures represent YOUR AMAZING NATURE. This is an ESSENTIAL part of this competition – 200 WORDS MINIMUM
- Place a link to your post IN COMMENTARY. You can add an image if you want. It is NECESSARY because I have to publish a link in Discord on Sunday, 5 days later for voting and also for my own compilation purposes.
- The entry window is open ~ 5 DAYS. Pay attention to - CLOSED in the title. Pay attention to the time bar (PeakD)
- Only competition entries that correspond to the assigned topic will be included in this competition
- It is NOT possible to submit the main competition announced by the leader of the @adalger community and this thematic competition with one contribution. If this happens, such a contribution will not be included in the thematic competition.
Prizes to win:
1st: 1 HBD
2nd: 0.5 HBD
3rd: 0.25 HBD
I will introduce all participants in the entry section of the announcements, which will be published about a week later on Tuesday (according to my schedule, this may change). This way you will have a nice compilation of all.
How are winners selected?
The entire DNA community will vote for the winners. That's why we created a special competition channel
#challenge-entries in DNA Discord (Amazing Nature Contest). Here I will publish a post with the announcement including the winners (Announcement) EVERY MONDAY together with all your contributions (Contributions) EVERY SUNDAY. Each DNA member will be able to assign a "voting emoji" under the items for 24 HOURS. In the end, the lucky winners are three of them. In case of a draw, I will join as a judge.
Note: The above channels on the DNA discord are for voting only! Do not post links to your competition articles and photos here!
Clickable banner by @barbara-orenya
Amazing Nature Community regularly appreciates your articles and photos.
Therefore, pay attention
- a regular competition organized by the @adalger community leader
- Amazing Nature Curation articles written by @redheadpei, @oscurity, @nelinoeva, @jlufer community moderators
- news in the field of nature from the moderator @juanbg
- THEMATIC CHALLENGE from @bucipuci
The Amazing Nature Community team is pleased with your interest in nature and welcomes all ORIGINAL articles and photos. At the same time, however, he points out that there is no place in the community for PLAGIATES.
Note: The logos are the official logos of the Amazing Nature Community and the DNA community. 5% of the earnings of this article are donated to @dna.org.