Working on Some Repairs in Mother-in-Law's Room
In previous posts I talked about the medical emergency my mother-in-law had. She is doing better now. One of the issues that was affecting her respiratory conditions was her room itself. For years, her room (like the whole house) deteriorated and we had been unable to do the repairs needed. After her emergency situation, some relatives and friends sent money to help cover the expenses and I decided to allot part of that moeny to fix her room, hoping that that will minimize her asthma episodes and other complications.
The walls were in terrible conditions (most of the house's walls are). Humidity, salt corrosion, and many other factors have contributed to this.
The ceiling was also in terrible conditions. For years we had tried to replace the Polystyrene tiles but they became pretty expensive and other things (like food or medications) were always a priority.
Well, the room became a toxic environment and we had to at least try to make it better. With the help of a neighbor, I started to work on it two days ago and today it is almost ready (for now).
He applied cement on the ares where the bricks were more exposed.
And some coating on smaller areas.
We also replaced some of the ceiling tiles. We will buy some more in the next days.
Hopefully, with these modest improvements my mother-in-law will feel more comfortable in her room and her breathing problems will not have this trigger at least.
There are still many more issues to work on, but we can only do so much.
This ghost by the window did not help much, but she always has some silly thing to say or do to cheer us up.
Thanks for stopping by