Halloween Challenge: Needlework Masks
Saludos querida comunidad #NeedleWorkMonday, hoy estoy muy feliz porque finalmente les comparto el reto de Halloween de 2022, debido a que he tenido problemas con mi conexión y gracias a mi amigo @majenye he podido publicar hoy desde su casa. El año pasado realicé el reto Halloweek y fue muy exitoso gracias a la participación de muchas mujeres talentosas de esta comunidad, además que en aquella ocasión se sumaron como patrocinantes algunas de las conmunity builders. Este año he vuelto a hacer un reto abierto a todo aquel que quiera participar, además de ser un incentivo para las creadoras para compartir en comunidad. Para este año el reto consiste en hacer una máscara para Halloween, esta puede ser realizada con cualquier técnica de aguja o arte textil, es decir, siguiendo las normas de la comunidad NeedleWorkMonday, la máscara debe cumplir ese criterio.
Greetings dear #NeedleWorkMonday community, today I am very happy because I am finally sharing the 2022 Halloween challenge, because I had problems with my connection and thanks to my friend @majenye I was able to post today from home. Last year I did the Halloweek challenge and it was very successful thanks to the participation of many talented women from this community, in addition to the fact that on that occasion some of the community builders joined as sponsors. This year I have once again made a challenge open to anyone who wants to participate, as well as being an incentive for creators to share in the community. For this year the challenge is to make a mask for Halloween, this can be done with any needle technique or textile art, that is, following the rules of the NeedleWorkMonday community, the mask must meet that criteria.
As an example I share my crocheted pumpkin mask, but it does not necessarily have to be the same, that is, you can make fabric, felt, hand or machine sewn, embroidered or woven masks, among others, be as creative as you can making the mask. mask and the limit is only in your imagination. I will award 10 Hive distributed among the first places, but the invitation is open to those who want to collaborate to increase the prize and thus motivate the participation of more needle artists. Below are the rules of the challenge.
Reglas / Rules:
- Una máscara y un post por participante en la comunidad #NeedleWorkMonday
- La máscara debe ser elaborada en cualquier técnica que involucre agujas, fibras o tela.
- La máscara puede ser de cabeza completa, rostro o incluso solo antifaz, todo depende de la creatividad del autor.
- La temática de la máscara debe ser exclusivamente Halloween, puede ser inspirado en películas, personajes de terror o también en tradiciones asociadas a la festividad.
- La fecha máxima de publicación es el lunes 31 de octubre a las 11:59 pm. El premio será entregado el día 1 de noviembre.
- Cumplir con las normas de la comunidad y apoyar a otros usuarios que estén participando, no hay un número límite de comentarios pero la interacción con otros es parte del objetivo de la iniciativa .
- Rebloguear esta publicación y colocar el enlace de su participación en la caja de comentarios.
- Usar la etiqueta #halloweenmask
- Invitar a otros usuarios y divertirse 😊
- One mask and one post per participant in the #NeedleWorkMonday community
- The mask must be made in any technique that involves needles, fibers or fabric.
- The mask can be full head, face or even just a mask, it all depends on the creativity of the author.
- The theme of the mask must be exclusively Halloween, it can be inspired by movies, horror characters or also by traditions associated with the holiday.
- The maximum publication date is Monday, October 31 at 11:59 pm. The award will be delivered on November 1.
- Comply with the rules of the community and support other users who are participating, there is no limit to the number of comments but interaction with others is part of the objective of the initiative.
- Reblog this post and place the link of your participation in the comment box.
- Use the #halloweenmask tag
- Invite other users and have fun 😊
Máscara de calabaza a crochet / Crochet pumpkin mask
I wanted to finish my project before the announcement of the challenge so that you would feel motivated to participate, but you have almost two weeks of time, so take it as something fun and without pressure. I made a pumpkin because it is the most common Halloween motif, I love this type of figure and I feel that it is an important icon. I made my pumpkin with acrylic yarn and crochet #3.
I started by making a paper sketch to locate where the holes for the eyes, nose and mouth should be. Once this was done, I began with 24 chains with orange thread, then I worked with double crochet, making a double increase at the beginning and end of each row until I obtained 60 stitches, at that distance I placed the holes, for this I worked on the edges and on the center, then I rejoined the spaces with chains and continued, for the nose I added the black thread making double increases to form the height of the nose, then I left a space that I replaced with chains, the same as for the mouth, then I made decreases in the following rows until you get 30 stitches.
For the eyes I made a circle of 33 chains and on these a row of single crochets, then I made three triangles and a row of single crochets along the edge. I made two and sewed along the edge of the holes first and then sewed the rest of the eye triangles onto the mask.
For the mouth I made 48 chains, on these I worked 16 single crochets I skipped 16 chains and made 16 chains, then 16 single crochets, then I made triangles with a base 6 stitches, so there are 8 triangles on each side, then I made a row of low points. I made a row of single crochets to join the mouth hole and then sewed the rest.
With orange thread I made 3 rows of single crochets around the edge of the mask. Then with black thread I made the straps of the mask, these are 70 chains and 70 single crochet on these.
For the stem of the pumpkin with green thread I made 6 single crochets in a ring, then 2 rows, then I increased 3 and 2 rows, then I increased 6 and 2 rows, 6 more increases and two rows then I doubled and joined by one row of peak-like stitches. I sewed the stem to the mask.
It took me three days to make this mask, but you guys can take more days, don't let the creativity be affected by time, I hope you enjoy these two weeks, you can post your work on Needle Mondays or any other day within the community respecting the deadline day of the challenge. My best wishes and good luck.
Imágenes tomadas con dispositivo Samsung A12. Portada editada en InShot
Pictures taken with Samsung A12 device. Cover edited in InShot
Invítenme un Café/Support Me on Ko-Fi
If you want to support my art you can also make donations for the value of a coffee (Ko-Fi)
Espero les haya gustado. Les invito a leer mis próximas publicaciones y siempre estaré dispuesta a responder sus preguntas y comentarios, también pueden seguirme y contactarme en cualquiera de mis redes sociales. ¡Muchas gracias!
I hope you liked it. I invite you to read my next publications and I will always be willing to answer your questions and comments, you can also follow me and contact me on any of my social networks. Thank you!