Away From Home [Microfiction]
Hello everyone! This is my entry to the 43rd ZapFic Friday Story Challenge that requires participants to tell a complete story in just 50 words. Is it simple? Why not give this challenge a try?
You can participate by clicking here. The prompt for this week's challenge is "deport".
Rules Of The Challenge
- Story must be exactly 50 words
- Story must be posted to the Freewrite community
- Drop a link to your entry in the comment section of the challenge post
- Use tags #freewritehouse and #zapfic.
- Attach a screenshot of your word count in your post.
Here is my short story. I hope you enjoy reading it.
Kayla could not tone down her excitement at arriving in a foreign country, a place different and better than her homeland.
With plans in place to work tirelessly for her residence permit so the authorities can't deport her back home, she whispered to herself.
"Mom, Dad, I'll make you proud."