Dashoutsunday experiments and recipe
Greetings my friends! It’s that time again. I had a pretty busy but rewarding weekend in the kitchen. I decided to try my hand at coco bread. The recipe is surprisingly easy but the process takes a bit of time.
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 cup coconut milk (or any other)
- 1 packet dry yeast
- 1 egg
- Melted butter
- A. Mix coconut milk (or preferred milk)
- B. Add sugar and melted butter 🧈
- C. Mix thoroughly then add yeast.
- D. Mix well then add your beaten egg.
- E. Add your flour , mix and knead well.
- F. Leave the dough for 30 minutes to an
- hour to rise.
- G. Cut the dough into smaller pieces and roll each piece
- H. Brush inside with some more melted butter
- I. Fold each rolled piece in 1/2
- J. Brush the outside with beaten egg for a nice finish
- K. Bake for 40 minutes to an hour.
As you can see , I experimented with some by adding cheese to the dough. Those were good and crispy. The regular ones came out nicely but the taste of coconut milk might be a little strong for some people.
I fiddled around with my air fryer a bit and tried to settle on what I’ll throw on my quick menu for my food corner. Salmon and fries /chips is looking like a good idea. I also like the idea of a jerk chicken sandwich. Japanese people love curry but I really don’t want to be traveling with curry so I might branch out to curry chicken loaves / curry patties. Tell me if you got any good food ideas for a tiny food stand.