Some of my grafted cacti, and the last seeds I will sow this year.
Autumn started in my country and a new stage is coming, it will no longer be so easy to reproduce succulents by leaves for example, and it is probably not a very good idea to keep sowing seeds either, so today I did the last sowing of the year but first I want to show some of the first grafts that I have been doing during the last month.
This is an ariocarpus retusus, a couple of months ago I sowed some seeds and did the micro-grafting, I wasn't sure I had done a good job, but there it is growing in an amazing way although a bit messy.
The next one is an astrophytum asterias, it is also grafted on echinopsis, it is also from the seeds I bought online, although the growth of this one is much faster than the ariocarpus.
The following is a lophophora williamsii better known as peyote, I bought a few seeds because the truth is that I was not sure if they were really williamsii, I was told that they were white flowered and that makes me think that they are probably lophophora diffusa, of the seeds that I planted only 5 were born, this one that is grafted, two that died when grafting them and two that I still have on their own root.
With obregonia denegrii I am having problems grafting, I have already tried on echinopsis, on pereskiopsis and also on Selenicereus undatus and I have not been successful in any of them, I still have 35 plants to keep trying, the truth is that it may seem a massacre but if I can successfully graft 5 plants, with that I will be satisfied.
With the lithops I have suffered a lot of headache, next year I don't think I will try again to sow these seeds, out of 400 that I sowed at the moment only 30 plants survive, just look at how empty this seedbed looks.
I lost the label of the next seedling but without a doubt it is the seeds of Melocactus matanzanus, I had a low yield in their growth, luckily they were seeds given as a gift, they have a nice appearance that makes them different from the others.
It is time to pot up all these leaves and transplant them into a pot for each plant.
By the way I found more gymnocalycium seeds so I had to start a new seedbed.
These seeds were given to me by my friend Fernando, the plants look similar although they are of different species, I will have to wait until they grow more to identify them correctly.
Now the new seeds:
- myrtillocactus geometrizans.
- opuntia santa rita.
- sulcorebutia crispata.
- sulcorebutia verticillacantha.
- cleistocactus strausii.
- gymnocalycium stellatum.
- escobaria vivipara.
- cylindropuntia imbricata.
- ferocactus wislizeni.
As I find myself holding on to grafting most of the astrophytum I planted, my priority was to get myrtillocactus geometrizans, so I bought 500 seeds, in the following picture we can see 250 of them, then when I was going to add the remaining 250 and lastly, what the 500 seeds looked like together.
I wanted to plant most of the myrtillocactus seeds together so the other day when we ate cake I kept the mold it came in, I don't know if it's a good idea but I already sowed it.
Finally I took a few seeds and planted them in the traditional way I do to see if I can speed up their growth.
The rest of the seeds I will not show how I sow them because there is already a lot of post about it, it is time to say goodbye and wait to see the seeds grow, see you.