Metamask Portfolio Dapp (Tracking Portfolio real-time across different network)
Keeping a track of our portfolio is a must! It is wise to get to know where and how our funds are performing! The importance of tracking our portfolio allows us to see the bigger picture. Although, there are different thoughts across different users but I prefer to see and adjust my portfolio once in a while.
Since we are in the era of Blockchain it is necessary to find our self the best route to manage our assets. Sometimes it gets difficult to see and witness how are our assets performing in a market. I must admit, going through all different chains such as Eth, BSC, Polygon, AVAX and so on is a difficult task to do. In fact adding them manually also becomes a hassle from time to time.
Metamask Portfolio Dapp
Even after all the hassle, I have been trying to manage my assets manually but lately I found out about Metamask portfolio tracker which helps to track our crypto assets real-time. And that even across different blockchains. Which I really needed.
This is one of my account's portfolio. As you can see there are three different chains coins available. Matic, BSC, AVAX. All of them are showing real time balance. One issue which I always seems to miss is whatever I do, I end up missing the count of one or two coins in my portfolio. There is a valid reason behind it. Since it might not be available in that account or it might have been on a different chain or even it might on a separate CEX. So overall in a non custodial wallet this trackers could be very useful. And since I have been using metamask service for a very long time, it is trust worthy for the time being.
Few options which are available in the portfolio tracker
- We can select the network available. Currently there are 7 networks available ETH, BSC, Avalanche, Optimism, Polygon, Phantom, Arbitrum.
- NFT tracker. I am kind of excited for this one. That is because after few days I will have my RUNI out in here and I would like to see how it performs in the open sea market.
- We can add/remove multiple accounts and monitor them accordingly.
- We can add coins and keep them in watchlist.
Some might find it unusual to track the portfolio. In fact in my early days in Crypto, I never felt like keeping a track of my portfolio. I had the feeling it is there in my wallet, what else is going to happen. When I will be in need of money than and only than I will go after my coins and if necessary I will get rid of them. How futile I was! I suppose this is an actual newb experience for many out there.
Here are some of the reasons why I keep track of my portfolio :
- Allows myself to see where I am standing at with my assets! Many might not recognize the fact that sometimes getting to know where we are standing at helps to reiterate our distance from our goal. It helps to decide which step should we take. And how that step should be measured.
- Rebalancing my portfolio. It is no doubt that crypto market is volatile. What you see the value of your portfolio in the morning might not be the same at the evening. And in the current bear market it is even more awful. So rebalancing and managing it in a wise way is another reason to keep track of the portfolio. DCA is indeed a wise way to get over the loss in the bear market.
- BE PROUD : Let us not forget we sometimes smile at the achievements that we made. yeah, it's perfectly normal. In fact it helps a lot. It makes us see what we have achieved so far. It does motivates us to work harder and improve our confidence along the way.
Although, keeping track of portfolio has its disadvantages as well. Such as in this bear market it is indeed a devils laugh can be seen while going through our portfolio. Once it was hundreds and if not thousands of dollars it is now close to nothing. How brutal the market can be lol! But either way if we can survive through the bear and make the best use of this period, we shall be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I understand how difficult it can be. But it is wise not to sell at a loss instead hold onto these coins (if they have a solid background) and keep on compounding (like I am doing for HP). Just see what the outcome comes once the bull market hits! Till than just do as you please. And FYI I am not giving any sort of financial advice in this post. I am just sharing my thoughts with you all :)
Do you use any sort of portfolio tracker? If yes than which one?
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta