The foundation of a good believing system is knowledge, as a believer your Christian life will be ineffective if you don't have an adequate knowledge of what, why, how, and when of salvation. This is why believer's knowledge cannot be over emphasis.
Philemon 1:6 That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
The communication of your faith will never be effective until you have adequate knowledge of the good thing that is in you through Christ Jesus.
Salvation is in a person, and your faith in that person person is what bring salvation to you.
Let us discuss briefly today on four major factors of salvation that a believer must have an in dept knowledge of in order to be effective in his Christian work.
what is salvation?
Now it is important for a believer to know what salvation is all about, because when you know what salvation is all about you will be able to appreciate what is given to you.
- Salvation is the unfailing love of God toward man. The moment you understand these, you will know that the real love of God is not express in material things, but the free gift of salvation that God has given to us is the expression of God's unconditional love for man.
- John 3:16>>For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
=> The how of salvation
Salvation works when you hear the gospel, believe the gospel, confessed the gospel, then you have salvation. The gospel here is a person, and the person is Christ Jesus.
- Romans 10 :9>>That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.*
Salvation is gift of God to man, it will not become your if you don't receive it, and you receive it by believing in the finished work of Christ, confess him as your personal Lord and saviour. This is the how salvation.
=> Why of salvation
*The reason for salvation is because we are redeemable by nature, why? Because we are in the class of God not angels. (Genesis 1:26)
- another reason for salvation is because we carry the deposits of God to manifest here on earth, no one can manifest what he doesn't know.
- Why of salvation is, so that kings will come to the brightness of your rising.
=> When of salvation
Until resurrection there was no salvation, so the when of salvation is after resurrection.
Outside resurrection there no salvation, so the when of salvation is when He rose from the the death.
It is therefore, important for us to understand the what, how, why when of salvation, when you understand these you will be effective in your Christian work with GOD.
*Thank you, keep engaging my blog