Good evening everyone,
It's so good to be here again. In this post I'll be sharing with us how I made a lovely male casual wear with the use of white fabric and a flowery material. This style is widely sown in Nigeria and other African countries and it can be worn over a pant trouser or jean.
- white fabric
- flowery material
- collar stay
- pepper stay
- hair stay
There are procedures in cutting of materials to the exact size you want and that is the reason why measurements of the person you are sewing for is very essential.
The parts to measure are: shoulder, sleeve, chest, length, neck. After these has been measured, then you proceed to cutting of your fabrics.
The first thing to do is to Fold the materials together, taking into consideration the chest measurements and an allowances. After this has been done then proceed to cutting proper.
The Measurements I used for the neck is 2.5 by 3.0 inches, then the shoulder (what was measured divided by two plus sewing which is always 0.5 inches), shoulder rest of 2 inches. Next I measured the armhole and that is always determined by body size. Finally, the chest(the measurements divided by 4 plus your allowance 0.5), the length and folding allowances which is 2 inches.
- Then proceed to cutting of the back which is done by placing the front you cut out on the fabrics after you must have folded into two. Add 3 inches to the upper part of the shoulder and 2.5 inches from the lower part and cut out.
- After cutting the back, you cut the back landing and the sleeve.
In cutting of the sleeve, after you had taken the sleeve measurement, you take out the inches for collar out and add 1 inches for sewing allowance i.e 0.5 to join to the armhole and 0.5 to the collar.
- After all these had been done, cut a piece out of the fabric to tape the neck, piece for the chest collar.
Once you are done with the cutting, proceed to sewing.
- Firstly you fold the 2 inches allowances added to the length, and sew i.e Both the back and front,Thereafter you join the shoulders together and the back landing.
- After then, you tape the neck.
- Thereafter you build the pocket and fix the chest collar.
- Then you do the placket on the sleeve, where hand collar will be joined to, then Fix the sleeve to the body.
- Thereafter you close the body and the sleet, fix the hand collar and fix the pressing button to the chest collar and iron thoroughly.
Finally, here is the finished work.