I previously published an article named: "Removing Witness Votes To Improve Hive", in where I openly talked about the fact that I truly believe that LeoFinance deserves to be a top witness and that the least you can do is to change your votes a bit so you don't vote for inactive witnesses. Some things have changed since that post. LeoFinance where witness #30 when I wrote that article 18 days ago. LeoFinance happens to be witness #28 today, which is a good thing.
However, for someone who doesn't truly understand all the heavy-lifting a witness does I have often tried to "get to know" a witness before I decide whether I should vote for him or not. The witness announcements are- or should be important for such things..
- But they are not.
Many of them are outdated and a bunch of them are still mentioning
However, I decided to look at the witnesses a bit more and I quickly realized that a lot of people are voting for witnesses who haven't updated the price feed in a very long time.
Like I told you previously, I don't know much about witnesses and all the heavy-lifting they are doing, and I don't know if price feeds are that important or not.. But I actually remember reading about it in the past:
someguy123, (witness #14) said this when he talked about witness tasks:
"the first and foremost is to produce blocks (thus process transactions), the second most important is to produce a price feed"
So, knowing that, I suppose it's pretty important. One thing lead to another and I decided to take a look at some of our top witnesses, and who they are voting for..
blocktrades (witness #1) is voting for:
- jesta (#29) who haven't updated the price feed in 4 months.
- riverhead (#30) who haven't updated the price feed in 4 months.
- netuoso (#31) who haven't updated the price feed in 4 months.
Last block #50589661 1 months ago on v1.24.4.
gtg (witness #2) is voting for:
- bhuz (#40) who haven't updated the price feed in 2 years.
- liondani (#39) who haven't updated the price feed in 4 months.
- He also votes for riverhead.
roelandp (witness #3) is voting for:
- firepower (#60) who haven't updated the price feed since last year.
- innerhive (#50) who haven't updated the price feed in 2 months.
- steemychicken1 (#85) who haven't updated the price feed in 7 months.
He also votes for bhuz, liondani and riverhead.
good-karma (witness #4) is voting for:
- lukestokes.mhth (#25) who haven't updated the price feed in 28 days.
ausbitbank (witness #5) is voting for:
- lukestokes.mhth. (See above)
And there you have it..
LeoFinance needs ~18M HP to reach the top 20 and that's a long way, but it's doable. Many of you have remaining votes, just like me.. Remove your witness votes for inactive witnesses and vote for LeoFinance.
If even the top witnesses vote on other witnesses who haven't updated the price feed for several months or even years.. And if they are voting on witneses who haven't produced a block in weeks or months..
- Maybe you are doing that as well...?
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta