We'd like to start by thanking all the 75 participants for their time, participation and effort.
Oh! What a bumpy, exciting, and emotional ride last night was, wasn't it?. Those of you who missed it, you can check out our Fun Friday: Weekly Voice Meeting post, which will be up and about around next Wednesday. So make sure you do not miss that.
Our latest contest was a great success. More than 75 unique entries were submitted, and our respected @Azircon "Dada" shortlisted the best 41 top of the line from those. But, like in any contest, only the best of the best ranks among the top three. And what a pleasure it was to read those original, genuine, and honest contents.
For now, our plan is to hold these contests for a few weeks. And if you didn't win the last time, participate now, and hopefully, you will have a chance at it again.
But, let us remind you of one thing. These contests aren't just about the prizes. So, if you didn't win, there must be a pretty good reason, or you just fell short before the finish line. These contests are not about giving handouts to people who need it. For that, we have an ongoing and completely voluntary donation project.
Our goal is to make this as fun and entertaining as possible. Honest engagements are the basic bricks and mortars for a great community. And that is what we are trying to do here, build a great community.
If you want to know what your entry lacked in, please read the following texts carefully. @Azircon was kind enough to share with us methods he used in selecting the best contents. These are his words without anything altered at all.
Honesty. I can usually tell what people really want to do vs. what they are saying, thinking," it will work."
Originality. If someone says I want to buy a cow with 1000 Hive and defends it with convincing writing, that's original. Because, as a city dweller I won't buy a cow personally, but I can see why someone farming in the village want to buy a cow.
Flow. From beginning to end, the post kept the reader engaged, and the writing flows.
Personality. A person's writing tells me who they are. That is the goal of this contest
What didn't work:
Images of poverty. Especially ones taken from internet (even with source cited). I grew up from a fairly economically disadvantaged background. I have seen plenty of poverty all over the world. I strongly believe that our culture is rich, and we have many things to contribute to the world other than poverty.
"Pie in the Sky" thoughts. I should say what Miss Universes say during a reception speech. "We are very proud, excited, and thrilled to receive the prize, and we will distribute it selflessly to the poor and the needy"…. No, that didn't work.
Trying too hard. and missing the fun altogether.
Now, if you decide to participate in all the upcoming contests, including this one, just keep in mind a basic understanding of those great suggestions, and you'll be hard to beat.
Winners of our last contest:
First place: @zayedsakib
Second Place: @nirupom.azad
মানুষিক দ্বন্দ্ব এবং বেঁচে থাকা (A Story About Mind and Philosophy)
Third Place: @sayee
Topic: Describe Your Best Adda Ever.
Adda is a Bengali word for Hanging Out with Friends.
Supposedly, you have some amazing and cool friends. Or you are a family guy. in any case, write about the best experience you had while hanging out with them.
Winners and prizes:
@Azircon will be sponsoring this week's prizes. Similarly, like the last contest, there will be a 100 hive prize pool, and it will be given to authors with the best top three entry as 50 for the first position, 30 and 20 for the second and third.
All the details and conditions of the contest are as follows.
Terms and Conditions:
- The entries can be written both in Bengali and English.
- You have to be a Member of BDCommunity to participate.
- The post should contain at least 350 words
- Only the first entry will be counted as valid, but you can enter the contest as many times as you like throughout the contest.
- The title of the post should include "Describe Your Best Adda Ever". For example, Describe Your Best Adda Ever: [Your Title Here]
- Use both #BDC #BDCcontest among your tags.
- Put a comment with the link of your entry below.
- Submission is due within Friday 10:00 AM GMT +6. Entries will not be accepted after 10:00 AM.
- Try to follow the advises mentioned above by heart as they were proven to have worked.
- Failure to follow any of the conditions as mentioned above will cause an automatic disqualification.
- Please refrain from using vulgar words and stick to the topic.
- @Azircon will be evaluating the entries.
- There will be Three Winners, 1st place-50 HIVE, 2nd place-30 HIVE and 3rd place-20 HIVE.
- Try putting passion and personality in your entry. It is what will let you win in the end.
- The winners will be announced in our weekly voice meeting next Friday 10 PM GMT +6.
If you have any questions regarding the contest, feel free to ask ZayedSakib#0458 and Linco#6742 or head over to our community Discord and drop your queries there. Somebody will always be there to answer your questions.
Photo Taken from Pixabay
Support us by voting as a Hive Witness and/or by delegating Hive Power.
|20 HP||50 HP||100 HP||300 HP||500 HP||1000 HP||2000 HP|
JOIN US ON