4 Dec 2019 - 4 pm EST
Call to order and general welcome.
Last Meeting Follow-up
Due to the low number of applicants for the Board of Directors positions, there were fewer nominees then there were potential positions. The need for public elections was therefore bypassed.
Please see our previous post for the biographies of all the new and returning Directors.
Agree to Community Standards
AGM (Annual General Meeting)
- Draft of meeting minutes.
- Discussion around taxes and reporting; the legal team will be consulted.
- @guiltyparties will check on the process more in-depth.
- The Board agreed that banking to be set up and operational by end of the calendar year.
- @guiltyparties gave @aggroed links to Bank accounts which research was already done on for non-profit companies by the prior Board.
- @aggroed will look into opening a bank account this week.
Appoint New Executive Board Members
A merit-focused discussion around the Executive Board of Directors positions was had. A unanimous agreement was achieved.
The Board of Directors has voted in favor of the following appointments:
- Chair - @shadowspub will leave her former position of Secretary and assume the position of Chair.
- Vice-Chair - @aggroed will be filling the position of Vice-Chair for a 2nd term.
- Secretary - @snook will come into her 1st term as Secretary.
- Treasurer - @alexvan will be filling the position of Treasurer for a 2nd term.
Discussion on Next Steps
The success of the Marketing Committee is the priority.
Schedule another open meeting in ‘The Ramble’. Dates to be announced.
Discussion about marketing in general; goals and definitions.
@transisto came up with the 3 main marketing directions the Steem Foundation Marketing Committee should be focusing on:
C. Social Frontends (Content Creators)
The next meeting the board will discuss in-depth how to market to the three different groups and will further develop the next open forum.
The next board meeting will take place on 11 December 2019 at 4 pm EST